“Having identified the problems with traditional CTG interpretation, and after dedicating over 35 years’ on-going research with the team at Oxford University, I’m
delighted to see our analysis increasingly being used worldwide in Huntleigh’s
products… knowing the benefit this gives in helping babies to enter the world safely &
avoiding some of the tragic outcomes we see when CTG interpretation goes wrong.”
Professor Chris Redman
WHAT IS DAWES-REDMAN CTG ANALYSIS?
It is a unique software tool which provides a numeric analysis of the CTG trace and a
robust interpretation based on the world-renowned Dawes-Redman Criteria. This is the result of the largest study of its type ever undertaken, conducted by Professors Dawes, Redman et al, at Oxford University.
WHY IS IT NEEDED?
• Because the traditional approach of assessing a trace by eye is based on highly subjective opinion.
PROBLEMS WITH CTG INTERPRETATION
• DISAGREEMENTS occur between clinicians when assessing the same trace.
• There are potential difficulties with identifying traces in the “GREY-ZONE“.
• These are COMPOUNDED by different levels of experience.
• Even the most experienced observer may NOT REMEMBER the huge range of patterns and what they signify.
• Communication can cause problems when based on SUBJECTIVE OPINION.
DAWES-REDMAN ANALYSIS CAN HELP BY:
• Dawes-Redman provides REASSURANCE and supports clinical decisions.
• POOR OUTCOMES can be AVOIDED.
• Dawes-Redman CTG analysis can report criteria met in as little as 10 MINUTES.
• CTG ASSESSMENT TIME can be REDUCED by a factor of 3.
• The time saved frees up staff, beds and equipment, TAKING THE PRESSURE OFF stretched resources and reducing costs.
• Less time spent on the fetal monitor helps to make the pregnancy and childbirth experience LESS STRESSFUL for the mother.
WHERE CAN I GET THE DAWES-REDMAN CTG ANALYSIS?
The University of Oxford has exclusively licensed its proprietary Dawes-Redman CTG Analysis software to Huntleigh & is available in a number of formats.
Our range of fetal monitors include this feature as standard*, delivering the power of the Dawes-Redman analysis to the bedside with no added equipment, clutter or complications. Other versions of the Dawes-Redman analysis are available as options in our range of CTG viewing & archiving software systems.
For more information on the Dawes-Redman CTG Analysis, visit our website or contact us.
*Market / model dependent