The most uniform storage temperatures for cryopreservation solutions
Due to the extended operation of compressors within ultra-low temperature freezers, lubricant oil is essential to reduce wear, prevent abrasions and seizure and therefore maintain the highest levels of freezer performance. However, when lubricant oil circulates within the refrigeration circuit, it can cause piping to become clogged, resulting in compressor damage. Incorporating a high-efficiency oil separator, Cryogenic -150ºC freezers effectively separate lubricant oil from refrigerant, increasing the durability of the compressors and offering a reliable ultra-low temperature environment.
Highly efficient compressors have been specially developed and incorporated our -150ºC freezers. The cascade refrigeration system offers enhanced reliability and increased sample security. With a powerful low noise design afforded by traditional ultra-low temperature technology, this freezer delivers durable, stable cooling.
Cryogenic -150°C ultra-low temperature freezers from Panasonic are already in use to store:
• Umbilical cord blood as a source of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells.
• Stem cells for autologous transplants in patients who have undergone high dose chemotherapy.
• Adipose tissue, epithelial cells and bone marrow for stem cell therapy.
• Blood products for immunology analysis.
• Mesenchymal stromal cells for regenerative medicine and tissue engineering.
• Cancerous tissue samples.
• Semen for artificial insemination – used for breeding guide dogs and race horses.
• Oocytes and embryos for IVF.
• Ovarian tissue for preserved reproductive function in women undergoing treatments.
• Plant seeds/shoots for breeding.
• Components for shrink fitting of parts in industrial manufacturing.
• Temperature testing of parts in the automotive and aerospace industry.